Thursday, April 16, 2015

Book Review: Confessions of a Working Girl: A True Story by Miss S

I stumbled upon this one at Barnes and Noble about a year ago, having been watching "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" starring Billie Piper, I was rather intrigued. I shoved my card at the woman behind the counter who gave me a dirty look. I had been frequenting the Cheyenne WY B&N for a couple weeks now for coffee and their wi-fi and I wasn't a staff favorite I suspected.

I took the book and plopped down in the over-sized chair to read it, got through the first few chapters then abandoned it on the drive back to Colorado forgetting about the book for a number of months.

I picked it up again yesterday, taking it to work with me to fill in the void between calls at my, unusually quiet call center. I finished it today before lunch.

I was very pleased with how easy the book was to read, not in content but in I couldn't put it down. I have always been interested in what it was like to work in a brothel and Miss S doesn't blow smoke up your ass about what her experience was like. It was a nice read that went by all too quickly for me. The end of the book also has some sex tips and tips for working in a brothel/as a sex worker. All in all a compelling read and was worth picking up.

I do recommend picking this one up if you like Belle De Jour/Secret Diary

From Amazon Description:
"A university art student with rent money due, she spots an ad for a different type of student job - in a brothel. Offered a job on the spot, Miss S is amazed by her new working world. Suddenly, she can earn enough money doing something she is good at and get all the sex she needs."

Published Sept 1 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment