Sunday, April 2, 2017

Losing Your Virginity

I hate this phrase.... like.... a lot! I didn't misplace it, I know EXACTLY where I left it.


Honestly though, didn't lose anything when I started having sex. I gained knowledge. I gained a new understanding on a part of life that I was unsure about up until that moment. I gained a new level of intimacy with my partner, and a new way to be intimate with future partners. I will never see my becoming sexually active as a loss and I really wish we would stop teaching girls that it is a loss. Sex can be an awesomely wonderful experience when it is not clouded in shame. I hope that if/when I have a daughter she will not live in a world where there is so much shame around it. Until then I will keep telling the world how I feel and hope for the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment